University Masonic Lodge Foundation
About University Masonic Charitable Foundation:
Improving The Human Condition Through Education, Charity and Respect
UMCF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated primarily to supporting organizations whose purpose is to help improve the lives of Children in Central Texas. UMCF currently supports the Austin Children’s Shelter, Scottish Rite Dyslexia Center, Stephen F. Austin and Teddy Roosevelt DeMolay Chapters, Anthropos Arts, and the UT Elementary School Library Fund.
In the fall of 2004 the Lodge Officers and other Brothers attended an open meeting to assess the future of University Lodge. A result of that meeting is a visionary 10 year strategic plan for University Lodge, and an application of our leadership to fulfill that vision as we expand and grow.
The short term focus was on improving administration, leadership, participation and proficiency in “the work.” Having made substantial progress in those areas we now look to our longer term goal of University Lodge becoming a “Beacon in the Community” through its philanthropy, contributions and service.
To that end, I am proud to announce that this Foundation has been created and has received 501(c)(3) tax- exempt status from the IRS enabling us to raise and distribute tax-deductible donations under the name of University Masonic Lodge Foundation.
To date the Foundation has received over $100,000 in individual donations, and has supported several organizations that primarily serve children;
– Austin DeMolay Chapters develops young men into leaders.
– Austin Children’s Shelter provides on-campus services for children, young adults and families affected by abuse, exploitation and neglect.
– Settlement Home Austin promotes healing and growth in children, young adults and families by providing a continuum of care, support and resources.
– Arthropos Arts provides high-quality music education for low-income and at-risk students.
– University of Texas Elementary School is a research based school serving urban children in East Austin.
– Trinity Center serves the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of people experiencing homelessness and poverty in Austin.
Emboldened by the work we have done so far we are pursuing a target of $200,000 this year.
All it takes to hit this target is the enthusiastic participation of all of our Brethren. We need and appreciate your help meeting this ambitious goal.
Use the above button to donate ONLY.
Contributions to UMCF and silent auction purchase are tax-deductible to the maximum extent allowed by law.
Thank you, and may the blessings of Heaven rest upon you and all those you love.
University Masonic Charitable Foundation Board